FCBS Bromeliad Species Online Database: Database Help
The FCBS Bromeliad Species Online Database consists of the following fields:
- Record #: - A unique number to identify the database record.
- Genus #: - A number based on the systematic sequence published in the Smith & Downs monograph: Bromeliaceae (Flora Neotropica, number 14, parts 1-3; 1974, 1977, 1979).
- Species #: - a number assigned according to its systematic position in the monograph.
- Genus: - The genus name.
- Species: - The species name.
- Named By: - the person who named and described the species.
- Collection Country: - The country where the bromeliad species was collected.
- Collection State: - The state where the bromeliad species was collected.
- Collection Town/Area: - The Town/Area where the bromeliad species was collected.
- References: - Published works about the species.
- Remarks: - Miscellaneous information about a species.
- New Genus Name: - Bromeliad has been reclassified to this new genus(synonym).
- New Species Name: - - The old name is now a synonym and has been replace by this new name.
- Is Synonym: - A Yes/No field used to facilitate searching for valid species.
- New Name Reference: - Published works relating to the name change.
- New Name Remarks: - Remarks related to the name change.
- Photos: - A link to photos held in the FCBS Bromeliad Photo Index Database
- Modify date: - The last date the record was modified.
- Creation date: - The date the record was created.
The Species Database was kept up to date through 2012 but is no longer being updated on a regular basis. If you have the expertise and would like to volunteer to keep this database updated please contact the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
FCBS Bromeliad Species Online Database: Search Help
You may search on a single field in the database or a combination of two or more fields.
If you wish to search for all the Aechmea species, including synonyms, select Aechmea from the Genus: field and click the "View Records" button.
Alternatively, if you wish to search for all the Aechmea species without the synonyms (to get a count of valid species), select Aechmea from the Genus: field and No from the Is Synonym: field.
Returning a list of species names for a particular genus is one of the useful things you can do with this database. Be sure to select a "Sort Order" for your query. You can sort by "Species" to return an alphabetical listing or you can sort by "Species #", a list sorted this way will show you how the species are related to each other
If you are looking for a particular plant, just enter its name in the Name: field. Case does not matter unless you select "Match Case" from the Search Options at the bottom of the Search form.
If you have questions or comments about this database please email: email@example.com
BACK TO: DATABASE - Florida Council Home Page